20 July 2011

0
Comments
Little League Scandal....



I fucking knew it! Fudging the paperwork to win the Little League World Series. This really comes as no surprise to me. I witnessed this shit first hand when I was in my baseball prime. When I was 12 (my last year of LL eligibility) I was on the Mariners, and we were city champs. Not just normal city champs; we were damn good city champs. I honestly can't remember losing that year. Even in the banquet in September, I won a 10-speed, a 16 lb bowling ball with no holes drilled in it and something else equally shitty and twice as useless. Which is probably why I don't win shit nowadays. Used up all the luck back then. But I digress...

The Mariners were the hottest team on the field back in the summer of '98. We breezed through the city championship and got the nod to be one of 4 teams to go to Saginaw for the State playoff. To add fuel to our offensive fire, the league allowed each team in the playoff to add another roster spot and pick someone up from another team. We snagged Adam Masuga like it was nobody's business. Kid had to have been hitting .575 with 40 RBIs. After defeating a respectable opponent in the 1st round, we went on to the final to face the Saginaw champion. I shit you not their pitcher had a mustache. Fucking 12 years old and this kids got a Joe Dirt stashe and he's pushing 6'2. Well needless to say, bro threw some HEAT! I've never seen a ball move at me so fast in my life. Masuga couldn't even touch this kid. We ended up getting smoked and sent on our way with a 6" State runner-up trophy (which was in my shelf in my room until as recently as spring 2010). I've never had proof, but I'm 100% convinced that kid's paperwork was cooked. There's just no other way to explain it. Had that dude not been their pitcher, there's not a doubt in my mind we woulda won states. But like I always say: if "if's" and "but's" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment