13 July 2011

0
Comments
So Long Harry Potta





It's the end of an era. After 13 long years, the last Harry Potter movie is released into a movie theater near you Friday at midnight. Being a mild Potter MOVIE fan (I feel the need to specify, as reading is not frequently seen on my to-do list), I'm not sure whether to be excited to find out what happens at the end of this saga, or upset that it's almost over. Either way, what a ride its been. There's been 3-headed dogs, penetrable walls, and things appearing and disappearing at an instant. I wonder what kind of weed J.K. Rowling was smoking when she conjured up this brilliant idea. Well, let's find out...

"I had been writing almost continuously since the age of six but I had never been so excited about an idea before. I simply sat and thought, for four (delayed train) hours, and all the details bubbled up in my brain, and this scrawny, black-haired, bespectacled boy who did not know he was a wizard became more and more real to me."

First of all, what in the hell causes a train to be delayed for four hours?

Secondly, bespectacled? May I have the language of origin please, and maybe even have it used in a sentence. Also, why no mention of the lightning scar on Mr. Potter's forehead? It's the most badass icon in the whole series.

And finally, yes-weed it is. No one could sit there and sanely think for four hours alone.

So, any guesses as to what will happen during the last part of this epic series? If you've read the books, I don't know whether to be impressed that you've read so many pages or to advise you to get a life. All joking aside, please don't comment if you already know what happens. I'm talking strictly the movie faithfuls! Let's hear those guesses.

Just to start things off, Big Brother predicts that Voldemort will die but Harry will somehow magically stay alive. Wizards will begin living in harmony with the muggles. And the BEST part-Gryffindor will require his quidditch jersey.

Come on, Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment