15 February 2011

1
Comments
Machine Outsmarts Humans on Jeopardy; All Hope is Lost




Sooo did anyone NOT see Terminator? Because I'm pretty sure this is how the whole premise of the story starts. Let's build a computer so smart that it can think for itself....

IBM's supercomputer WATSON just shit on Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter, outscoring them by over $25K. The two most impressive geniuses to ever play the show are now at the mercy of the machines. I can actually see news headlines being direct quotes from T2: "Human Decision Making is Removed from Military Tactics," and "Skynet Becomes Self Aware on August 29, 2011 at 9:18 PM Eastern Time." Doesn't this worry anyone else? Or am I the only one with a phobia of being overrun by our computers, cars and cell phones? Well I'll tell ya one thing: I will NEVER be a slave to the machines! Not even if there's a FIRE!

On a positive note, however, we (the humans; because we all need to stand together now more than ever) were able to outsmart WATSON on the final Jeopardy question. "Toronto." Get real WATSON. This is AMERICA! That's where the real war heroes reside....

...and as I am one of the first to insult the machine, I'm probably one of the first bodies to be harvested...

1 Comments:

Mike Breezy said...

As John Hancock before me I too will go on record to say...Human's rule, Robots drool. Does that logic compute, because to me, Watson, it's elementary.

Post a Comment