17 February 2011

0
Comments
Miggy Gets a Dewy..






Y! Sports - Miguel Cabrera(notes) and his problems with alcohol are again making headlines.
The Detroit Tigers superstar was arrested for a DUI in Florida late Wednesday night and police allege that it went way past the "one too many beers" variety.
The St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office says the 27-year-old's car engine was smoking alongside a road late Wednesday when a deputy spotted the vehicle.
According to the arrest report, Cabrera smelled of alcohol, had slurred speech and took a swig from a bottle of scotch in front of a deputy.
Police say Cabrera repeatedly refused to cooperate, saying, "Do you know who I am, you don't know anything about my problems.

You got some Balls big fella! I mean I've had some close encounters before and I've heard some wild DUI stories, but NEVER have I heard of someone being so blatant with it. Drinking scotch from the bottle while the cop is right there?! Cantelopes, man! This guy may not have been born in America, but he knows what it means to be free. Refusing a breathilizer, wandering into the road while the cops are reading your rights; thats just some badass behavior only acceptable in the U S of A. Just one last hoorah before he gets down to biness at spring training (I hope). Everyone's kinda freaking out about this but its still the first week of training so we'll give him a freebie. As long as he hits .375 and belts out 50 HRs he can binge all he wants. I think it'll happen too. I mean, the way he demands respect! "Do you know who I am?!" My only question is: Where the ass were you going? He was 110 miles southeast of Lakeland. Thats like a 2 hour booze cruise! But hey, as long as he knocks it off during the season I think we'll be alright. It's only spring training...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment