17 March 2011

2
Comments
Happy St. Patty's Day from the Coalition




Three years ago at this time I would have already had my Jameson/Baileys/Coffee liquid breakfast, excused the pledges from their place in line at PT O'Malleys(where they had been holding our place since 3am), had 4 Irish Car Bombs and a Jameson or 2, and witnessed "Tank" vomit in his hand so the bouncer wouldn't kick him out before he had to leave for his 8am quiz. That was our pre-drink.

Now, I seriously contemplate quitting my job just so I don't have to go be locked in my cube cage like the cubicle monkey I've become. I have too much potential to be getting actual work done. Alcoholics need me out there, corporate America, to add fuel to the fire for late 20-somethings that didn't have it as good as I once did. It brings a tear to my eye to watch someone chew their very first Irish Car Bomb, as it had curdled while I explain what's actually in a Car Bomb. Oh, the innocence.    

Don't get me wrong, I'll be out in some capacity today. However, I won't be vomiting. Upsetting, I know.

Please share your favorite St. Patty's Day memory in the comments section. That way we can all attempt to relive the debauchery of days past.

2 Comments:

ULO said...

My first year at central second semester my first edu class was on a friday at 930. I woke up at 6 am to start boozin and went to class shitfaced only to realize I was one of about 25 to show up to a lecture of 150. Mind you I did get some extra credit but I'm sure that I smelled like a pig. Oh the days......now I sit at work on this glorious day living the life I said I never would. Cheers

WildSteve said...

Last St. Patty's was 75 degrees and sunny all day, woke up to boondock saints on repeat, blaring dropkick murphys as loud as humanly possible. Gave a presentation with a little buzz on, got my Ex-box to break up with her boyfriend at the time. Smooshed. Woke up in all my hockey gear at Mt. Pleasant Ice Arena for a Wildcats game!

Post a Comment