29 March 2011

0
Comments
Transition from MTV to WWE




I really wanted to get this one off my chest while the wrestling topic was hot. You should all know by now I have a dream of wrestling in the WWE. And I am just green with jealous rage right now knowing that C-Bus got to see the Rock at Raw last night and I wasn't so fortunate when they came to the D.
Well apparently the quickest road to Wrestlemania is to spend a few solid months getting hammered on an MTV series. Yeah, it's pretty standard to have celebrities and/or athletes attend and participate in big wrestling events. And I can't blame Vince for going with Snooki. Jersey Shore is a cash cow and she's probably the most recognizable celeb not named Charlie Sheen at the moment.

But this bitch is bout to get her little ass eaten up. Steak Sauce. Snooks can hardly see over the ropes. This has potential to be one of the worst celeb matches in WWE history; and possibly one of the worst story lines since Mae Young got pregnant by Mark Henry and she gave birth to a hand.

But it gets even better. Headlining Wrestlemania is The Miz, and his ever-so-genuine catchphrase "I'm Awesome." Does anyone else know that 8 years ago this kid was some obnoxious shit on The Real World.

Obviously he packed on some pounds (roids) and took a few rasslin' lessons, but that doesn't make his journey any more legit. He was on the last season of Tough Enough in 2004 and I distincly remember him begging the fans to choose him as the winner. Like the dude was almost crying. And now he's champion?!? I wish the road to the show was that easy. Just get on a reality show and blackout til people recognize you for it. If I could have an MTV camera follow me and some bros around CMU on Martin Luther King weekend, we'd be the next NWO by now. It's just not in the cards.

All-in-all, I think we're shaping up for an above average Wrestlemania this year. Undertaker, HHH, HBK, Stone Cold and The Rock should bring back that little extra "umph" that's been missing from this biz for quite some time now. In the meantime I'll be getting teenagers pregnant, and when the cameras arrive, its all about "The Irish Creamer" Steve Addington.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment